As promised: Documents you will need to get married to a foreigner in Egypt
15 December 2010 § Leave a comment
The requirements for the Egyptian citizen will remain the same regardless of whether they are male or female. The requirements for the foreign partner in the marriage will probably differ according to the requirements of their consulate/embassy in Egypt. Nonetheless, as of April 2010 these were the documents needed to for me (the Egyptian citizen) to get married to him (the British citizen) as obtained from Ministry of Justice where the civil marriage ceremony (katb kitab) will be performed:
2) Two witnesses (they both must be Muslim males with a valid Civil ID)
For the Egyptian citizen
1) National ID number
For the Farangi (British)
* This is the response PG received from the British Consulate in Egypt when he contacted them regarding this certificate:
In order to get married in Egypt you will need to come to the British Embassy with your partner and to provide us with the following documents:
- Your valid British passport
- A divorce certificate ( for all previous marriages if applicable )
- Your partner’s valid Egyptian passport.
- You partner’s national ID card.
- Your partner’s divorce certificate ( for all previous marriages if applicable ).We will issue you a certificate of NO Impediment to get married.We issue this certificate only on Wednesdays, so you will need to come and applyfor it any day before and it costs LE850.
** If your foreign partner is a convert like mine is, then his/her conversion certificate is proof enough of their religion. Otherwise, I am not sure what other document one would provide as proof of religion.